This course serves as an introduction to utilizing formulas intended to automate and track various aspects of project progress for project management.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Create logic formulas to calculate variance with regards to budget, work hours, and schedule
• Create logic formulas to flag negative variance or at risk tasks
• Write formulas to aggregate data in Sheet Summaries and data based on hierarchy information
• Create cross-sheet formulas to reference and calculate data from other sheets
• Create date-based formulas to flag late tasks and trigger automated workflows
Duration: 120 minutes
Audience: This course is designed for Smartsheet users who are existing and emerging project managers, or involved in project management, and want to utilize formulas for their projects.
Prerequisites: Participants should be familiar with basic sheet functionality and column types. It is essential to have an understanding of how to create foundational formulas, including the use of functions such as SUM, CHILDREN, and IF.
If a refresher course is needed, then Formula Basics is recommended.